About the scheme
Kanyashree is a flagship programme of the State Government under Women and Child Development and Social Welfare Department aiming to delay the child marriage and continuing the study of all Girls students reading in the different institutions under West Bengal.
- Annual Scholarship (K1) of Rs 750/- for the girls between 13 and 18 years.
- One Time Grant (K2) of Rs. 25000/- for the Girls between 18 and 19 years.
- The girls should be enrolled in a school / Madrasah/ equivalent open school /college/ Open university / Vocational /Polytechnic College/ ITI ( Minimum Class VIII)
- The Girl should attain 13years and not exceed 19 years
- The Girl should reading in class VIII and above.
- The Girl should be inhabitant of West Bengal.
- The Girl should be unmarried
Question: Where the application form (K1 & K2) is available?
Answer : Head of the Institution (School/ college/ITI)
List of documents to be attached with the application form (K1 & K2) for submission to the Head of the Institution
- Copy of Birth Certificate*
- Certificates, provided by Gram Panchayat Pradhan /Municipal Councillor for Unmarried declaration*
- Permanent residential proof*
- Copy of Voter Id Card of Father/ Mother / Legal Guardian*
- Copy of Aadhar Card ( if any)
- Copy of Bank passbook*
.The Girl should collect ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP WITH APPLICATION ID from the Head of the Institution after submission of the application form (K1 & K2) to the Head of Institution(School/College).
For TRANSFER cases applicant should submit the transfer slip (mentioning Application Id) ,issued by the OLD institution to the NEW institution
There are several relaxation regarding family income and age for the students, specially- abled with 40% or more disability / both parents are deceased /resident of a J.J Home)
TO KNOW THE APPLICATION STATUS SEND SMS TO 9002481874
GETSTATUS<application ID ><year>
TO GET MORE DETAILS CONTACT WITH THE CONCERNED S.D.O/B.D.O
Courtesy: Block Project Management Unit, Kanyashree Prakalpa, Alipurduar-I Development Block